Welcome to the BIOMEDevice Boston 2020 Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo and conference – we take care of getting you registered so you don’t have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in the front of the expo hall to the right of registration.
Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2020 in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network straightaway. Please contact Huxley Collin at [email protected] to request a guest pass – you’ll simply need to provide the guest’s name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, exhibitions, entertainment, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation as a speaker provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the BIOMEDevice Boston 2020 event website
- A chance to have your session promoted on all BIOMEDevice Boston and affiliated social networks such as Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by giving up-and-coming professionals the chance to advance themselves in their chosen fields.
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
- August 21 - Speaker Agreement Due
Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement. Click here to download.
- August 21 - Professional Bio & Photo Due
Photo should be 200x200 pixel, high-resolution preferred. Send to Lucia Contreras at [email protected].
- September 4 - Presentation Slides Due
- September 16-17 - BIOMEDevice Boston 2020 Conference
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly might not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF and PPT format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Use 16:9 format for your slides
- Feel free to use your own presentation template
- Please name the presentation file in this format: Biomed2020_FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- Submit your presentation here:
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector with VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here’s how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you’re on social media, we hope that you’ll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you’re willing and available, we hope that you’ll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you’re influencing your industry. Don’t miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #AdvMfgExpo
- You can use this graphic to promote the event and your session.
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #AdvMfgExpo on September 16-17! See you there…
- Example 2: #AdvMfgExpo is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking on medical robotics at the Biomed Boston Conference this September 16-17.. See you at the conference.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the expo hall and locate your track room to the right of registration:
- Biomed Boston, Track A: Biomed Room 1
- Biomed Boston, Track B: Biomed Room 2
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to the speaker ready room located in the expo hall to the right of registration. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM on Wednesday and Thursday of the event.
Center Stage Location
The pavilion is located at Booth #443 in the 400 aisle on the expo floor in the convention center through the main entrance on the main level. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
Tech Theater Location
The pavilion is located at Booth #143 in the 100 aisle on the expo floor in the convention center through the main entrance on the main level. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
As a member of faculty, you’ll be provided with complimentary lunch both days of the event.
To self-park ($20 and $40 for oversized vehicles), from Summer Street, turn onto East Side Drive, drive past the valet area, and continue straight along the side of the building. At the end of the building, make a right and go down the ramp. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left and you will see the entrance to the South Parking lot in front of you.
Valet parking is available during most events for $30. To access from Summer Street, turn onto East Side Drive and the valet area will be immediately on your right. Additional details about parking and transportation can be found here: https://biomedboston.com/useful-information#parking.
Or download our PDF list of nearby parking lots & garages.
Logan International Airport is an 8-minute taxi ride from the BCEC, or you can use the MBTA’s Silver Line to and from the airport. The Silver Line is complimentary from Logan Airport and stops at the Seaport/World Trade Center Stop just across the street from the BCEC. Take the Silver Line back to the airport for only $2.75. Visit massport.com for more information.
Logan International Airport is an eight-minute taxi ride from the BCEC, or you can use the MBTA’s Silver Line to and from the airport. The Silver Line is complimentary from Logan Airport and stops at the Seaport/World Trade Center Stop just across the street from the BCEC. Take the Silver Line back to the airport for only $2.75. Visit www.massport.com for more information.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, BIOMEDevice Boston 2020 has partnered with Convention Management Resources (CMR) to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
To download the mobile app, search for AMG Boston in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, networking events, theater programs, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site on a flash drive.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact Huxley Collin at [email protected].
- Do not include sales pitches and commercial information in your presentations. Our conferences provide educational and informative presentations. Speakers who include self-promotional content will not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about BIOMEDevice Boston 2020 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact [email protected].